Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeal Climate Change Act 2008 (UK) Campaign
There is now a Facebook campaign to repeal the UK Climate Change Act 2008:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=107337052636523

"Correlation is NOT Causation"
Repeal the Act! information can be found in the attached file.

Attached Files
.pdf   Repeal the Act - 1v0.pdf (Size: 100.23 KB / Downloads: 281)
Thank you for the info, Q_C. Although I joined the cause some time ago, I´m not fluent enough with Facebook (and english) to know if I´m supporting it properly. Maybe I signed some petition without any usefullness (hope not being counterproductive).

There´s a spanish proverb saying "When you see your neighbour's beard burn, soak your own" so I sympathise with this cause and encourage others to do the same.

It is amazing the quantity of info you get from this source and recommend others joining it Smile
Ni cien conejos hacen un caballo, ni cien conjeturas una evidencia (F. Dostoyevski)
Thanks Strogoff. Any help with promoting the group or the information from it is most useful. :-)
strogoff: I like your tag line.

“We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert”.J Robert Oppenheimer.
(06-19-2011, 02:38 PM)Scpg02. Wrote: strogoff: I like your tag line.

Thank you Scpg02. My reply disappeared last time I was here. I told you that was said by inspector Porfiry Petrovitch in Crime and Punishment and I thought it matched scientific research as well. I changed it into spanish just to give another tiny clue to my Inquisition followers (and because it sounds better Wink)

BTW, I had to do a bit of research myself to understand yours Big Grin
Ni cien conejos hacen un caballo, ni cien conjeturas una evidencia (F. Dostoyevski)
(06-28-2011, 05:51 AM)strogoff Wrote:
(06-19-2011, 02:38 PM)Scpg02. Wrote: strogoff: I like your tag line.

Thank you Scpg02. My reply disappeared last time I was here. I told you that was said by inspector Porfiry Petrovitch in Crime and Punishment and I thought it matched scientific research as well. I changed it into spanish just to give another tiny clue to my Inquisition followers (and because it sounds better Wink)

BTW, I had to do a bit of research myself to understand yours Big Grin

LOL yes NASCAR is a cultural acronym not widely known outside the US. I would say that most Americans know what it is but not what it stands for. I couldn't tell you.

“We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert”.J Robert Oppenheimer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UN security council to consider climate change peacekeeping Scpg02. 0 3,831 07-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Scpg02.
  Climate Change and the Death of Science Sunsettommy 8 9,796 07-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Richard111
Information Barack Obama's climate change policy in crisis JohnWho 1 4,491 02-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Derek
  Ed Miliband declares war on climate change sceptics. Derek 6 11,818 02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Sunsettommy
  Projections vs. Data: The Death of Climate Change Sunsettommy 2 3,829 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Last Post: mcclane
  Kerry panel looks at climate change and national security Sunsettommy 3 8,450 07-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Sunsettommy