Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milankovitch Cycle Pacemaker of the Ice Ages
From this LINK

EXCERPT:

E-mail from a winemaker in New Zealand

Hi Robert,

Don't know whether you've seen this graphic or not, I can't remember where I first encountered it, it may even have been from your site. It tallies well with sudden cooling.

[Image: Milankovich%20Cycle.png]

Source: Graphic based on a slide created by Andrei Illarionov, Adviser to the President of Russia. The slide was part of a PowerPoint presentation given by Illarionov in 2004 (which is also worth viewing)* http://www.iccfglobal.org/ppt/Illarionov-01-10-04.ppt

===========================================================
I urge you to download the link to the slide presentation.The image is from it and many more you need to see.It is a readable presentation for the public.
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Makes one thing we are fortunate to be living in warmer times, doesn't it?
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

Fortunate! Yes. Like when you fall of a cliff it doesn't hurt till you reach the bottom and then not much.

Nice ppt thanks SST.
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
An excerpt from the presentation, that describes what the above slide illustrates.

For 14% of the last 415 thousand years global temperature was above its current level.

For the 86% of the last 415 thousand years global temperature was lower than its current level.

Global temperature last peaked 9,000 years ago,
and then embarked on a long-term downward trend.

An excellant, and wholely realistic presentation,
I hope more Governments take it into consideration,
when planning for the future.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.  

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.
Wink 
Wow! Thanks for the link, SST! I'm interested on that graph about the correlation between the mortality in many countries and cold temperatures; it happens in all places! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Milankovitch cycle Sunsettommy 5 7,129 05-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Richard111
  Milankovitch cycles Sunsettommy 6 12,723 12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sunsettommy
  Milankovitch back to 1974 Sunsettommy 0 5,174 07-25-2011, 09:48 PM
  In defense of Milankovitch by Gerard Roe Sunsettommy 2 16,109 07-10-2010, 04:25 PM
  The Hockey Stick and the Milankovitch Theory Sunsettommy 0 4,485 02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
  Long Debate Ended Over Cause, Demise Of Ice Ages? Research Into Earth's Wobble Sunsettommy 0 3,692 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
  THE ASTRONOMICAL THEORY OF CLIMATIC CHANGE (The Milankovitch Hypothesis) Sunsettommy 0 7,226 01-09-2010, 04:46 PM