Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New owner
Hello readers,

A new owner of this forum is coming soon.

It is DEREK!
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
THANK YOU SST, when it is done.

To all the forum members, please rest assured things will stay much the same.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.  

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.
(11-08-2013, 05:14 AM)Derek Wrote: THANK YOU SST, when it is done.

To all the forum members, please rest assured things will stay much the same.

So it is written,

so it shall be.

All Hail Derek!

Or just post a lot, whatever.

Smile
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

Big Grin
Derek - the temporary caretaker... Angel
Please don't shout at me...

H. L. Mencken.  

Mind you take good care of those teaks. Don't want to hear any complaints. Wink
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
Thank you Richard111.
Big Grin

H. L. Mencken.  

I'll still be around. Bring it on.
Congratulations
"things" elsewhere are really developing anew. Exciting stuff for an "old topic" it seems at present, will report / post back here first and asap.

Apols for being a bit cryptic, but all (if "we" are on the right track - checking at present) will be revealed. It will have to be...

H. L. Mencken.  

Today the server host FINALLY transfers the whole shebang to poor Derek.

Big Grin
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

Oh.... So much to do, so little time....

My apologies to all, Xmas, New Year, family, a new computer, Windows 8.1, work, over time, etc, etc, etc, etc...

I do not know yet how to activate new members.... I simply have not had time to look, I will do asap. PLEASE bear with me. In the mean time the forum remains the excellent resource it always has been.

I am formulating plans for the new year, but it will be February before I think anything will obviously change. NOT THAT A LOT WILL, please be assured of that.
I will probably adopt the same moderating policy that I / we use on the There is no greenhouse effect open facebook group, namely, trolls, pigeons, and advertizers WILL NOT BE TOLERATED WHATSOEVER. It seems to be working there, and I see no reason not to adopt it here, discussion YES, owt else will be dealt with swiftly...

I think I will probably follow the lines I tried to describe on the below thread.
Dereks approach (and why) to moderation and discussion in this forum.

H. L. Mencken.  

I am here to help you run the forum.

:nod_yes:

(12-31-2013, 11:47 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: I am here to help you run the forum.

:nod_yes:

Thank you SST. I have now learned how to activate new members - may be I have been too generous by activating about half of the backlog, may be not, time will tell..

H. L. Mencken.  

Today I have added a new forum back up in the admin area, and downloaded a full plain text back up to my computer (on a spare drive - for back ups).

Please feel free to prompt me if I do not remember in the near future to do a new one.
Any suggestions to how often I should do such please?

H. L. Mencken.  

My apologies to all for the forum going down, or rather not being available on the internet today. Apparently the domain name had expired. Whatever that is????

A big thanks to Sunsettommy for sending me the appropriate link and information. I was able to pay for, and transfer to my name the domain name. Hopefully this means in future I will get notifications in regard of renewal. Fingers crossed.

So, I have paid for something I do not understand, but it appears to work.... Nowt fresh there then..

H. L. Mencken.  

(02-07-2014, 01:52 PM)Derek Wrote: My apologies to all for the forum going down, or rather not being available on the internet today. Apparently the domain name had expired. Whatever that is????

A big thanks to Sunsettommy for sending me the appropriate link and information. I was able to pay for, and transfer to my name the domain name. Hopefully this means in future I will get notifications in regard of renewal. Fingers crossed.

So, I have paid for something I do not understand, but it appears to work.... Nowt fresh there then..

Here is what a Domain is,from Webopedia:

domain name

Quote:Domain names are used to identify one or more IP addresses. For example, the domain name microsoft.com represents about a dozen IP addresses.

LINK

Without that Domain being paid for the IP address gets shut down.That is why some of you were looking at a pretty girl instead.We pay to get that disturbing image off the board........

Rolleyes

(01-03-2014, 08:48 AM)Derek Wrote: Today I have added a new forum back up in the admin area, and downloaded a full plain text back up to my computer (on a spare drive - for back ups).

Please feel free to prompt me if I do not remember in the near future to do a new one.
Any suggestions to how often I should do such please?

Once a week is enough.Be sure to delete the older back ups to keep the back up table from being filled up.

Thank you SST for the prompt, I had better get another one done. As soon as I have started tiding up my hard drives. They are a mess... Blush
That's today gone...

H. L. Mencken.  

Err, may be owning this forum is a poison chalice..

My personal life is going through some long overdue changes, and as you have probably noticed I do not have the time or inclination to do the things I should be doing in and for this forum. That said, the forum is still getting a constant stream of visitors, so it is serving a purpose. It is, in my opinion a valuable resource.

My problems will take as long as they take to sort out, but I suspect many months...

So, what to do? May be mothballing the forum is an idea? I am quite happy to leave it as it is, just quietly "there".

I have about lost interest in AGW / GH because it is so obviously pseudo science. I no longer see the point in trying to get the obvious across, especially when so many seem either paid or too dumb to not realise or not see it for what it is.

ie,
1) Water and water vapour are the and overall dominant negative feedback within earth's climate system. Therefore there can be no greenhouse effect in the first place.

2) A black body explanation of grey body reality is an oxymoron. ie, bare earth model, and greenhouse effect "theory". We know in the first place that the (imaginary) black body explanation/s is an unphysical set of assumptions, that the answer derived from which are then supposed to, and we are to believe that, explain actual grey reality? Unphysical explains physical???????

Also recent developments in the debate area, ie, Cotton and the Conolleys leave me cold......

So, any suggestions re this forum please?

H. L. Mencken.  

(04-23-2014, 11:59 PM)Derek Wrote: So, any suggestions re this forum please?

It is, and most likely will remain, an excellent source of information regarding "climate science".

Even if you can't post here often, I'd suggest you "let it ride" for awhile longer.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!