Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much carbon dioxide?
At 9:00pm on the evening of Sunday 10th February 2013 I settled down to watch Prof Brian Cox on TV. This was his Wonders of Life series on BBC TV Channel 2. He talked about how carbon was formed in exploding stars billions of years ago and how it became a building block of all life on Earth since the very first life apeared some 3.5 billion years ago. He then went on to talk about carbon dioxide, photosynthesis and food chains. He produces a large meteorological balloon and states he will measure how much carbon dioxide is released and reabsorbed over 24 hours at the canopy of the rainforest.

The values he announces are staggering! To me anyway. He claims, reading from a gadget he is holding, that the CO2 levels change from around 350ppm to 400ppm and back again over each 24 hour period!!! I have NEVER heard of this before. I was so intrigued I went to the BBC TV2 website and watched the program again. I took a screen dump at the point he makes his announcement. His right hand is defining the graph and his left hand holds the gadget. The vertical line is the balloon tether.

If rain forests can do this why in heavens name are we worried about burning so called fossil fuels?

[Image: Brian-Cox.jpg]
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
This from Carbon Positive Campaign!

Quote:Please join the fun, exciting, life-affirming, environment benefiting, life-creating campaign for carbon dioxide!

[Image: co2-campaign11.jpg?w=776&h=640]
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
Sad to report Brian Cox is a warmist. He has the unmitigated gall to present a program on BBC TV entitled Science Britannica wherein he extols the virtues of the "scientific method" using logic and observation and experiment then proceeds to discuss the "consensus" of carbon dioxide and "climate change" with the editor of Nature magazine.

I have lost all respect for Brian Cox.