Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum is closed
Hello visitors,

I have decided to end Open Registration to the board and also delete most of the membership who have never post or visit again after their initial registration and other deletions to help save the large database from going over the limit too soon.

There is so little traffic now mostly bots and proxy visits and no support ongoing to keep this going so I will be the only Moderator from now on and will delete posts and threads that are not really tied in with the forum tittle closely.

I will also close down part of the board from the publics view to reduce the surface attack area from proxy attacks that is common and I wonder why they bother bugging me with it.

That is the way it is readers when visitors never leave anything here to comment on or send an e-mail about anything.When Bots and Proxy visitors are the traffic it is time to stop doing much here.

Take care.

Smile
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Hello readers,

I have deleted about 60 members who never post or visited in last 3 months or longer ago from date of registration.

I have shut down hidden PRIVATE forums from being seen by anyone who previously had permission and demoted all moderators back to regular members.

I have removed guests from seeing some of the forum anymore but still visible to members who have registered and still on the membership list to help reduce unwanted bots and Proxy visits.

Next will be to prune forum sections in the effort to tighten up the boards focus on Climate skepticsm discussions.

Cheers.
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

Understand your decision SST. Came to the conclusion some months ago that viewing stats on the Layman struggles thread must be bots as only comments were exclusively from long term members of this forum.

Sad, but politics seems to be trouncing common sense, logic and even science. We are headed for another period of 'the dark ages'.
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
The forum will stay online for now hoping that people will stop their absurd infatuation with Facebook as their place for climate discussions when a forum like this is so much better suited for it.This post box we type in is so much bigger and have easy codes to use and more plus it is easy to find threads even after 6 months as it will be seen on the threads listing page.

Who knows if people finally get worried about climate forums like this one dying and give it some renewed support to drive it back up with participatory vigor.

I actually deleted a lot of SCIENTISTS from the forum except for John Dyson whom I have too much respect for.

I agree SST, and might I add this is disheartening news.

imho facebook and its ilk represents a form of intended centralisation and as more users flow towards its use, constraints will eventually be put in place.
I would hazard a guess that the outcome of facebooks use is as intended! - to draw attention away from useful sites like this one, transferring the topic of climate skepticism into what will eventually be a more controlled environment on facebook.
It represents the early stages of internet policing by subterfuge, though this is just my opinion as a skeptic.

(01-04-2013, 05:07 AM)dev Wrote: ...imho facebook and its ilk represents a form of intended centralisation and as more users flow towards its use, constraints will eventually be put in place. .....
It represents the early stages of internet policing by subterfuge, though this is just my opinion as a skeptic.

Myself, I again thank SST for allowing my collection of article links to have a home.

I got signed up with Facebook from what turns out to be an FB ruse, where I received an automatically generated FB message saying my sister - a person who does amazing nature photography - had photos to share on her FB page, but I had to sign up to see them. She didn't, but since I had signed in, I figured it might be a handy way to keep up with a few family members who'd also signed up at that time. At that page I have all of 9 Friends and activity that takes perhaps 30 seconds to read in its entirety. For the longest time, I had no idea there was a "news feed" section there, and had no clue why anybody would need to check their FB page multiple times per day, as the media has been describing lately.

But about 4 weeks ago, it dawned on me how to use FB as a networking tool to tell the story of the smear of skeptic climate scientists, thus the creation of my 2nd FB page, of which at least two of you guys are among my 70+ friends there. If anybody else wants to send me a FB Friend request, please do so directly or perhaps more appropriately first via the Messaging feature if I don't actually know you. Already I had one unknown person send a request who apparently had all the right-looking "likes", but I had to UnFriend that person within an hour after receiving a spam message from her.

I've seen two separate discussions elsewhere of the way FB is cracking down on political content. I'd fully agree this looks like 'internet policing by subterfuge'. As I've pointed out in so many of my articles, once again we have an instance of where whatever given political agenda can't stand on its own merits, thus criticism of it must be erased from view. Others might call it 'communism' or 'dictatorshipism', but myself, I just can't fathom it at all because such a tactic is simply flat out illogical. Since no logical joe-average-citizen likes being hoodwinked about anything under any circumstances, I'd think such a tactic by a minority of controllers - particularly what I call the One Percenter mainstream media elite - would be suicidal.
This is a valuable resource. I understand puning it back. I would hate to see it vanish entirely. While I am not a scientist and do not understand much of the discussion here. I value it anyway. Just my two cents.
You can ask questions about something here.

Big Grin

I experienced something similar to Russell Cook a couple of years ago and promptly closed my FB page. I am NOT registered on FB or twitter.
From what I read elsewhere the whole thing is exactly the "Tower of Babel".
The ability to reason is not a prerequisite.
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
I visit FB and growing sick of it and amazed at the people who complain about the place but never take my suggestion of using a forum set up and even told them some completely free ones too.

Told them that good forum set ups can do just about everything facebook does and often better too but still they whine and do not consider leaving it.I have told them of this forum and still they stick with second rate crap.

I have gone through this with inferior YAHOO climate forum and the people there who also complain about that set up.I created TWO separate forums in two years time at MY expence to help them and they the SCIENTISTS who make up most of the membership tell me that ..... it looks too complicated... and therefore will no do the obvious.

I am close to deleting my account at facebook since it robs me time and sanity.

Really I wonder why they don't do the obvious.

I am beginning to wonder if there is anyone, anywhere who is actually interested in our best understanding of the truth at present. The only people I can think of that are, number to less than 10, 3 of whome "reside" here.

My underlying issue is that so many ignore / misinterpret the ideal gas law and usually latent heat too. It is getting under my skin. These can not be ignored / dismissed / misinterpretted. That is why I think so much that calls itself "science" is not science at all, it is merely pc belief, because most of the natural science research is government funded. We literally live in a period where "science" still portrays the earth as flat, and then people seem to think it reasonable, and want to discuss matters arising from and after accepting that underlying assumption......That to me is not reasonable, it is not science.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.  

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum will be closed Sunsettommy 0 2,671 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Sunsettommy