Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Sandy Delusions
I have come across posts and comments on the INTERNET that are amazingly stupid such as the impressive Tropical Storm Sandy cited as proof of global warming.

First of all it it was TROPICAL Storm Sandy when it made landfall not a Hurricane thus less than 74 MPH sustained winds at the SURFACE.

[Image: screenhunter_144-oct-29-17-18.jpg?w=640]

LINK

This shows a DECLINE in land falling Hurricanes in October since 1850

[Image: screenhunter_264-oct-31-05-12.jpg?w=640&h=461&h=461]

LINK

Then we have a short account of past powerful storms in the same region as TROPICAL Storm Sandy landed as shown in the link:

LINK

Do these names from the above link ring any mental bells?

Sept. 21, 1938: The Great Hurricane

Aug. 21, 1954: Hurricane Carol

Aug. 17-19, 1955: Hurricane Diane

Sept. 12, 1960: Hurricane Donna

Meanwhile there is a DECLINE in the number of landfalling hurricanes versus increasing CO2 in the atmosphere:

[Image: screenhunter_142-aug-04-07-42.jpg?w=640]

LINK

Data clearly show a DECLINE in the number of October Hurricanes:

[Image: screenhunter_264-oct-31-05-01.jpg?w=640&h=533]

LINK

There are many more terrible Hurricanes to appear along the East Coast of America that many have not thought about such shown in the below partial list.

Such as the Following:

Great Hurricane of 1780

Hurricane Mitch 1998

1900 Galveston hurricane

Hurricane Fifi–Orlene 1974

1930 Dominican Republic hurricane

1928 Okeechobee hurricane

All stronger and more deadly than TROPICAL Storm Sandy yet somehow this is the "tipping point" for the warmist crowd who failed to notice that Sandy was a TROPICAL Storm when it made landfall.

LINK

:lol:

I wonder at the gullibility of the warmist camp when they listen to Captain moron McKibben's doomsday ravings or of those from the Media who pour on the sky is falling bullshit and slurp it up greedily like a raving hun when it is not even close to what they claim is happening.

But what I have presented here is but a few examples of many showing that Hurricane turned Tropical Storm Sandy is but one of many powerful storms that have hit the Eastern Coastline of America and Canada over the decades but here is a small montage of powerfull LANDFALLING Hurricanes in a chart produced by the NOAA

[Image: majors_1951_19601.jpg?w=640&h=402]

FIVE powerfull LANDFALLING Hurricanes in a 2 year period! Nothing close to that rate since then and the level of CO2 was about 310 ppm in 1955.

From the NOAA again:

[Image: co2_data_mlo1.png?w=640&h=494]

It is not hard to find the information that show the evidence that Hurricane/Tropical Storm was not an unusual storm along the East coast but it was enough for easily scared CAWG believing warmists to cry in fear about it.

I wish you chicken littles would grow up and drop this sky is falling mental state as it is not a pretty sight.
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Was indeed a tropical storm but with a difference. Seems like while Sandy was at cat 1 level and weakening it would normally have continued North and missed the coast but that big low pressure system over the central eastern USA kinda sucked it in over the land and the two lots of rain combined to cause all the inland flooding. I don't think anyone expected that! The storm reached the coast at the same time as a spring tide, full moon, and the wind on the northern section of the storm pushed waves way up the beaches. Seems as though the storm parked itself over Staten Island for over 24 hours. So although winds weren't hurricane level they did a lot of damage to trees and buildings in the very water logged ground. Trees brought down power lines and the sheer volume of water seemed to get into a lot of the voltage transformers and blew them quite spectacularly.

I have a cousin who lives a bit north of Hamilton Township. Haven't heard from him since the storm arrived. He usually gets flooded. Waiting to learn just how bad it was.

Of course the greenies are pushing this in the hopes of swinging the election to their new god. I will have words to say to the people of the USA if they approve the election of that man.
Environmentalism is based on lies and the lies reflect an agenda that regards humanity as the enemy of the Earth. - Alan Caruba
To further my first post position that were in part gleaned from Joe Bastardi and Steve Goddard's presentations I present you another presentation by Bob Tisdale who show that the ocean water track of Sandy has not warmed for many decades:

An Inconvenient Truth: Sea Surface Temperature Anomalies along Sandy’s Track Haven’t Warmed in 70+ Years

Here is the chart he covered in the link:

[Image: figure-2.jpg?w=640&h=480&h=480]

Go ahead and read the rest of his presentation to be able further the argument that there is NO visible Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming (CAGW) signal in it at all.
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952