Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donations?
Hello readers,

I just paid a $132.95 bill for another year of keeping this forum online another year.The cost of a server and the domain title for one year.It might go up because I am nearing the maximum on the account and will eventually have to expand it soon.

Normally I would just pay the bills and go on but with mounting hospital bills that is already over $1000 dollars and more new bills coming for another $500 + more and who knows what future costs will be when I see the doctor next week?

I am now looking for some donations to help pay for the cost of the forum.I am not sure how to go about this yet but only looking for no more than $150 TOTAL to cover the cost.

Please consider in helping the forum's future by donating a few dollars.

Cheers,

Thomas pearson

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
(07-10-2012, 01:34 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: Hello readers,

I just paid a $132.95 bill for another year of keeping this forum online another year.The cost of a server and the domain title for one year.It might go up because I am nearing the maximum on the account and will eventually have to expand it soon.

Normally I would just pay the bills and go on but with mounting hospital bills that is already over $1000 dollars and more new bills coming for another $500 + more and who knows what future costs will be when I see the doctor next week?

I am now looking for some donations to help pay for the cost of the forum.I am not sure how to go about this yet but only looking for no more than $150 TOTAL to cover the cost.

Cheers,

Thomas pearson

Sorry to hear about all your medical bills Tommy.

My eyesight may be going bad, 'cause I don't see a way to donate to the board. Is there a Paypal button floating around somewhere and I can't find it?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

(07-10-2012, 01:34 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: Hello readers,
I am now looking for some donations to help pay for the cost of the forum....

Cheers,
Thomas pearson

PM exchanged with Thomas on the Paypal donation button + now I am enlightened about the MyBB forum system here, as I hadn't noticed that it was anything but another standard-issue vBulletin forum. Knowledge is power and networking is priceless. Hopefully the tips on a donation button will ease the cost of existence. Too bad I failed to win the big lotteries a few times back, all of my impoverished skeptics pals would have seen their monetary worries erased.
So, does this mean that on the board, a PayPal button is about to appear?

Huh

I am planning on using the paypal plugin and see if that works good enough.

Donation Page

All donations are for paying the cost of running the forum and nothing else.
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

I'll donate, provided you use a little of it on a CO2 laden beer if you promise to emit as much of that CO2 into the atmosphere as possible.

Smile

(07-12-2012, 04:13 PM)JohnWho Wrote: I'll donate, provided you use a little of it on a CO2 laden beer if you promise to emit as much of that CO2 into the atmosphere as possible.

Smile

Maybe if I get some "spill over" money available.....

Big Grin

This one might be the choice as it is more extensive and allow for additional choices for the donor to make.

Naoar Donation v2.0

May install it tomorrow.

Smile