Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Guest forum
Hello readers,

I have shut down the Guest posting capability in Derek's forum section.

We have been getting a lot of spam posts there.Since there has been only about TWO valid guest postings versus around 200 or more spam posts.It is time to shut it down.

Anyone can register and join to make valid posts.

Cheers,

Thomas

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
Sounds reasonable.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

I have again shut down guest posting allowance in the forum.

There will be no more guest posts allowed anymore either as this is now my permanent policy due to spamming that moderators have to delete daily.Since valid guest posts never happens there is no longer a point in having them.

All guest forums will be deleted after all the threads and posts are dumped into other forum areas as appropriate.

Guests will no longer be allowed to post anywhere!

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

It is the right decision to my mind. Which is a shame, and a sad reflection upon people's willingness to discuss, or even ask questions.
Ho-hum, we tried.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.  

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.
finally managed to log in. sigh, don't know why I have sooooo much trouble with this forum. I know it is me but it only happens here. LOL
“We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert”.J Robert Oppenheimer.
(07-22-2012, 03:43 PM)Scpg02. Wrote: finally managed to log in. sigh, don't know why I have sooooo much trouble with this forum. I know it is me but it only happens here. LOL

I have no idea why that is but now that you can log in with the original account I will delete your other one and hope that was a source of the problem.

(07-22-2012, 03:48 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 03:43 PM)Scpg02. Wrote: finally managed to log in. sigh, don't know why I have sooooo much trouble with this forum. I know it is me but it only happens here. LOL

I have no idea why that is but now that you can log in with the original account I will delete your other one and hope that was a source of the problem.

LOL don't think it was but go ahead. I think I need to reboot my brain.

“We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert”.J Robert Oppenheimer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guest limited threads viewing Sunsettommy 1 4,380 11-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Sunsettommy