Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Welcome aboard..
Hi All,
Well, we are all new here. I hope many faces new and old join in afresh.
I intend to do some re-writes of my old stuff, which mostly needed updating anyway...
I hope many of the other valued and great contributors from the old forum also do the same.
In a way it is a good thing, going back to the basics will refresh and do us all a power of good.

Then there are the new topics to cover.

And the ever dafter politics to cover.

Interest, amusement, and horror at the stupidity of politicians and some scientists alike will
no doubt be served up by the ever increasing bucket load.

Too good to misss.

I hope many will contribute, there is so much to discuss, too much for any one to cover.
The run up to Copenhagen in December has already begun,
the stories will only get more absurd as the extremes to shock us become ever more ludicrous.
The EPA  silencing Alan Carlin at present is one such issue,
that will link the topic of the AGW scam, from America to Europe and the rest of the world.
I for one can not sit back and let it happen without at least trying.
This forum should be a good "Team" base where information and links can be shared
to use in discussions elsewhere to get the message out.

AGW is THE scam of human history, we know that.
Let us not loose our Team effort because of one small accident,
that would be sad in the extreme.

Derek.

(Note: minor edit to correct typo in title - JW)
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.  

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.
I can't wait for you to redo all your splendid work. 
Wooo hooo! I'm glad the forum is back!
Thank you Goose5, your encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Good to see BuickstarGalactica around as well. Where have you been by the way. ?

Maybe we should compile a list of misssing stuff (whilst still fresh in our minds) to try to refind, repost, or to be rewritten.
Some that spring to my mind as a starter, and in no particular order.
Dr Glassman - The Acquittal of CO2. and my laymans version.
The Mauna Loa Observatory stuff.........
The environmental scams section.
My Archimedes fable.
This weekend I intend to start on a revamp / update (and hopefully complete and post) of
The CO2 "building blocks" - Real or Junk .. .

Oh, and there are a few other threads I started there as well,
http://www.scottishwebcamslive.com/board...m.php?f=22
I had better get some of them back here..

H. L. Mencken.  

I made it! Now to find my Avitar! I just noticed this site has spell check. Someone once said that a person has no imagination if they can only spell a word one way!
[quote author=Mike Davis link=topic=14.msg75#msg75 date=1247185499]
I made it! Now to find my Avitar! I just noticed this site has spell check. Someone once said that a person has no imagination if they can only spell a word one way!
[/quote]

Already making excuses in your second post as a member,I wonder if it will still work after 98 more?

:-X
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

–William O. Douglas, U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1952
If you can not dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with your B.S.
The spel chequer werkd! 8)
[/quote]

I noticed when I started using Fire Fox that is has a built in spell check. I've been in heaven!!!
“We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert”.J Robert Oppenheimer.
Yeah, the spel cheker werks good.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

[quote author=Mike Davis link=topic=14.msg80#msg80 date=1247187235]
If you can not dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with your B.S.
The spel chequer werkd! 8)
[/quote]

Would it be better to FIRST dazzle them with brilliance then LATER dazzle them with B.S. when they are no longer listening to you?

Big Grin
It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.

I was going to list my age but a choice of OLDER THAN DIRT was not available!
[quote author=Mike Davis link=topic=14.msg89#msg89 date=1247188968]
I was going to list my age but a choice of OLDER THAN DIRT was not available!
[/quote]

How about going here and tell us what or who you are,Go there with this link below:

Introduce Yourselves

[quote author=scpg02 link=topic=14.msg82#msg82 date=1247187809]
[/quote]

I noticed when I started using Fire Fox that is has a built in spell check. I've been in heaven!!!
[/quote]

I am using Firefox ALL the time now.

8)

That link takes me to a blank page! I did find Who am I? I will put something there tommorrow!
Tommorrow! Tommorrow! I love you Tommorrow! You are always a day away!
[quote author=scpg02 link=topic=14.msg82#msg82 date=1247187809]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It does?  Where?
monyana
“We do not believe any group of men adequate enough or wise enough to operate without scrutiny or without criticism. We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it, that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. We know that in secrecy error undetected will flourish and subvert”.J Robert Oppenheimer.
[quote author=Goose5 link=topic=14.msg97#msg97 date=1247190744]

It does?  Where?
[/quote]

when you miss spell a word it gets a red line under it. then you right click and pick.
This board has a spell checker as well.

Works with IE and I would assume it works with other browsers, too.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

I made it! Now to find my Avitar!
[/quote]

Your way ahead of SST.  ;D
btw - what is the avatar size, I used an 80x77.
I preferred my old 100x100, but that woud not load, too big I'm assuming.

H. L. Mencken.  

Derek:
I just found that I could download a picture and did. I did not even look at size. This little 15 pound dog attempted to protect me from a 50+ pound at a nieghbors house today and the other dog just wanted to play. Of our 3 dogs she is the smallest but thinks she is the boss and acts like a princess as you can probably see in the photo.