Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
THE END of AGW is niegh - US to kill funding of UN, IPCC.
Hi All,
I have just received this from Hans Schreuder.
This is massive news.

Hans sent me,

Apart from the scientific demolition job by the Slayers of the Sky Dragon,
this latest news from Marc Morano is part of the end game too,
despite the proviso:

" Keep in mind. Obama is likely to shut down government and budget will be renegotiated and funding may be restored.
But for now, this is great news.
" Marc Morano

http://www.climatedepot.com/a/9853/Anoth...ssessments

Another victory for science!
House votes 244-179 to kill U.S. funding of UN IPCC!
" It (America) no longer wishes to have the IPCC prepare its comprehensive international climate science assessments "
Defund IPCC 'amendment was sponsored by Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-Missouri),
who read aloud on the floor from the 2009 U.S. Senate Report of more than 700 dissenting scientists!
(Written by Climate Depot's Morano)
-- Luetkemeyer: Americans 'should not have to continue to foot the bill for an (IPPC) organization to keep producing corrupt findings'

Note: U.S. Senate's 700 Scientist report has been updated to more than a 1000 by Climate Depot. See:
* SPECIAL REPORT: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims - Challenge UN IPCC & Gore
End of email Hans Schreuder sent me.

It will be interesting to see how the EEC reacts to this,
AND,
how the main stream media in Europe (and globally) cover the story - if at all.....

This whatever the MSM does globally, will be big news in the blogosphere I would of thought.
It is being covered at Climate etc for example.

http://judithcurry.com/2011/02/19/u-s-to...-the-ipcc/
U.S. to kill funding for the IPCC?
Posted on February 19, 2011 by Judith Curry
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety)
by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken.  

The hobgoblins have to be imaginary so that
"they" can offer their solutions, not THE solutions.
It is encouraging to see that some of the Washington politicians are not accepting the corrupt science of AGW by CO2.

Perhaps this is a beginning of enlightenment.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

Its about time. I have read the EPA has grown by 129 percent in the last two years. Its time to fix that next.
Just posted a link to one of their sites reporting this over at my other site. They are going to go crazy over this one. Of course I wasn't at all a bit nice about it. Angel
At last- a ground swell of scientists finally speaking out. 1000 is a great number that can no llonger be ignored. I hope this gets as much public exposure as it deserves. We have to do our part. I am sending the ClimateDepot article to all the local newspapers, Scientific American, Discover Magazine, and to my state Senators and Representatives. I encourage everyone else on this forum to do the same. This must be made as public as possible.
I do strongly agree with you, and your suggestion ajmplanner.
However I think it equally important to get across to scientists in general how badly, and to what extent,
SCIENCE LOST,
in the "pseudo climate science debates".

Many seem to have missed this completely, any true scientist of whatever discipline should be shocked to their core that such malpractice has for so long, and
so obviously brought science in general, and the use of the scientific method into what can now only be called disrepute.
It is also to their shame that they did not stand up and speak out, about to them, what have always been obviously happening.
Most of the prominent AGW "scientists" are actually academics, or hold academic positions, why did science think "they" were untouchable?
The best science has always been amateur - pseudo climate science just proves this point - as any true scientist knows,
and such true scientists should of stood up, said what had to be said, and be counted.
Just ignoring it, leaving it to the retiring (or soon to be retiring), or hoping the bloggers and blogosphere would do the job, was, and is, just not good enough.
Furthermore, such inaction (by those that call themselves "scientists") is tantamount to approval of the "consensus" view/s and use of science,
which is truly a disgrace to science, and the proper use of the scientific method.

When pseudo climate science was so plainly, for so long, and so publicly, a politically funded puppet, why did they not stand up, "en masse".
Now there's a question, that needs answering with reasons, NOT EXCUSES..

H. L. Mencken.  

Amen to that, Derek. It is unclear to me just when scientists' moral compass began to get wobbly. I fear that it has a lot to do with the politicallly correct and post-modernist view that has pervaded much of university campus life for the last twenty or more years. Younger scientists have developed their political views in that environment. The result is that for some of them it has become OK to bastardize science for the sake of political goals. "The end justifies the means" has become a guiding principle for too many. Then you can add to that the lure of an apparently bottomless pit of serious grant money and we get the results we have seen. The paradox is that a scientific education is supposed to develop critical thinking skills that seem to have been abandoned in this whole debate.
(02-24-2011, 06:37 AM)ajmplanner Wrote: Amen to that, Derek.

The result is that --- it has become OK to bastardize science for the sake of political goals.
"The end justifies the means" has become a guiding principle for too many. an apparently bottomless pit of serious grant money and we get the results we have seen.

The paradox is that a scientific education is supposed to develop critical thinking skills that seem to have been abandoned in this whole debate.

Thank you ajmplanner, I am a bit tetchy today, because of something I am working on
Later edit - my excel error, oops, not so tetchy now. But a bit Blush

Well, if ANYONE can help me with some pre 2000 GISS data sets, I would really appreciate it,
so I repeat here, please ANYONE and EVERYONE look through your old files do you have any pre 2000 GISS data sets.
OR, more preferably a printed version I can reliably REFERENCE, and then (note to self) carefully look at.
Thanks in advance,
Derek.

H. L. Mencken.  

There is growing speculation that the events across the Middle East will fuel the AGW scam further. That remains to be seen, but there can be little doubt that market speculators will make the most of the situation and push the oil (& gas) prices as high as possible.

"It's not over 'til the fat lady sings!"

But on the lighter side (although certainly not the world's best singer): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeHRyVGQP...re=related
"Correlation is NOT Causation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US to cut IPCC funding. Derek 11 10,370 07-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Steve LeMaster